All materials (books, magazines, DVD’s, etc.) have a borrowing period of 4 weeks. Some items are eligible for renewal.
Copy and Printing Charges
These charges are subject to change.
Our fax number is (785) 392-2934.
- Sending $2.00 for the first page, $1 for each additional page
- Receiving $1.00 for the first page, 50¢ for each additional page
- Color Copies 50¢
- Black and White Copies 25¢
- Color Printing
- Black and White Printing
Computer Use Policies
The Minneapolis Public Library’s public access computers may be used by anyone with a valid Minneapolis Public Library Card who has read and signed the Internet User Agreement. If the patron is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must also sign the agreement. Visiting patrons may use the computers at the discretion of the librarian.
Computer Use Rules
- Everyone must sign in at the front desk before using the computer.
- Users must have no overdue materials or outstanding fines.
- Do not turn any of the computers on or off.
- Time limit is one hour per day per patron. Time may be extended if no other patrons are waiting or at the discretion of the Librarian.
- Users are limited to one companion.
- Food and drink are not allowed.
- Courtesy and respect for the Staff, other patrons, and the equipment are required.
- Internet Chat Rooms, Instant Messaging, and music are not allowed.
- The Library reserves the right to question what is accessed in a public setting.
- Violators may have their privileges suspended for two weeks with any subsequent violations resulting in a permanent loss of computer privileges.
- Violators may contest their suspensions at the next Library Board meeting.
Rules Governing Use of the Library
- Any person violating the library’s rules of behavior shall be asked to leave.
- The following will not be tolerated in the library: smoking, radios, loud or excessive talking, food, and defacement of library property.
- Parents will be notified if children persist in objectionable behavior.
- Persons will be denied the privilege of further checkouts and computer usage until overdue items are returned and fines paid.
- Any person who loses or damages library material will be expected to reimburse the library according to its cost. Library privileges will be reinstated upon payment for losses or damages.
- Microfilm may be used only on library microfilm reader during regular library hours.
See the Library Policies and Guidelines document for more information.